IL-2 Cliffs of Dover - Messerschmitt Bf109E Tutorial / Guide (Team Fusion 4.0)A thorough video tutorial covering the historical background of the Bf109E "Emil" and its subtypes, as well as engine limits, takeoff procedure and other handy tips for the combat flight simulation IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover.
Fast Kill, Slow Motion - - - - By Søren Dalsgaard"Il-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover" has amazing graphics, but often the dogfights are over so fast that there's no time for the details to sink in. I tried to show those details in this movie, which is a bit different from my earlier stuff. I hope you like it. Comments and suggestions are very welcome!
About some of the details:
- The Spittie pilot chose to only load tracers in his two outer machine guns. Tracer bullets (and tracer cannon shells) are the only ones that show up graphically in CoD. This pretty well mimics real life, where you can't see machine gun bullets and cannon shells either. However, all the non-tracer bullets are modelled as well, and their effect is very obvious when you hit the target. Some pilots prefer not to load tracers at all, to hide from opponents that they are being shot at.
- The cannon shells are set to explode on impact, but actually these shells also carried a small timer delay, so that they exploded anyway, after going a certain distance. This was so that the ground wouldn't be littered with un-exploded cannon shells. When I fire at the Spitfire at long range you can see that by the end of the burst my shells happen to be at the distance where they explode. That way they end up damaging the Spit, even though they don't hit him. A bit like Flak bursts.
- The Spit completely ravaged my oil and water coolers with his first burst, but seemingly did not hit my engine. That's why my engine works well for another minute, before it seizes up due to overheating. What can I say, I love the damage modelling in CoD... :-)
Ju-88 Convoy Attack - - - - By Søren DalsgaardMy flight-sim vids: http://www.flightsimvids.com - d'uh! ;-)
To celebrate that my Youtube Channel just passed ½ a million views (woohoo!) I am uploading a new little movie made in Cliffs of Dover. Ju-88's are attacking a convoy in the Channel and I'm coming along to film the mayhem! The flying by two members of ATAG is just excellent, as I'm sure you will agree. My flying? - Well, let's not talk about that... :-)
Also, the modelling of bombing is quite astounding in Cliffs of Dover. Skip bombing, where you throw the bombs so they bounce along the water before they hit the target works very well. And the damage modelling means that some ships go straight down, others stay on the surface for hours burning, some list a little but chug on, etc, etc.
Hope you enjoy the vid, comments very welcome!
CloD He-111 Tutorial Part4 Return and Landing (english).mp4IL2 - Cliffs of Dover Tutorial for the He-111
This video shows the flight back to the airfield with some navigation, fuel management and the landing.
CloD He-111 Tutorial Part3 Bomb Run (english).mp4IL2 - Cliffs of Dover Tutorial for the He-111
This video shows the use of the Lotfe bombsight during an attack on the airfield of Hawkinge.
CloD He-111 Tutorial Part2 Level Flight and Autopilot (english).mp4IL2 - Cliffs of Dover Tutorial for the He-111
This video shows the normal Flight with trim, engine management and the use of the autopilot.
CloD He-111 Tutorial Part1 Start (english).mp4IL2 - Cliffs of Dover Tutorial for the He-111
After the final patch, this is the start of a new serial of tutorials for the different planes in Cliffs of Dover. For the He-111 we see the start up procedure, warming up and the start on an airfield in France.
Basic Bf 110 Tutorial - Cliffs of DoverStartup, Info and Landing of the Bf 110, yes rpm is neither rounds nor resolutions per minute but revolutions per minute... :) - Default keys for engine1,2;both: Shift+1,2,^
Thx to Trautloft as plane Instructor.
Step by Step Description:
1. Open the Coolers, Oil coolers with the brown Handles to the left - by pushing them down, Water Coolers in the Middle of the Cockpit by rolling the left and right button(behind the flight stick) all the way to left.
2. Push the red handles to the left all the way to the front ( this enables the Fuel).
3. Set the Magnetos to M1+2.
4. Push Ctrl + W to enable the bombs, choose between Dive and Skip Bombing by switching the button on the Bottom below and behind the Stick either to the right (skip) or to the left (dive).
5.Trimm the Plane - On the right side of the cockpit you see me moving this little black handle just a little bit to the right. Do it just like that, about 1cm to the right.
6.Now you need to choose the 1. Engine. You do that by equipping a button in the Options or by using the Default keys. Defaul should be hitting Shift+1.
7.Now you have choosen engine number one and hit the Ignition Button on you Keyboard ( should be either E or I by Default), this is taking a few seconds, in the time until the engine starts you should set the Throttle for the 1. Engine to about 10 Percent ( yellow handle to the left).
8. Repeat step number 7 but now for Engine Number 2 ( choose it by Shift+2).
9. Switch back to both Engines by hitting Shift + ^
10. Beware of the 3 Main control devices you are going to need now in addition: The Prop Pitch Control ( little metal Handles to the left), the control for the landing gear next to it, aswell as the flaps control next to it.
11. Lower the Flaps to 20 degrees for the TakeOff ( The Indicator for the Degrees of the Flaps is behind the Throttle (yellow Handles) on the left wall of the Plane. The little red Triangle shows you which setting they are. Like the 3 other crls in step 10, the have a middle position before reacting to your input, so you need to push the button twice before the machine reacts. ( btw you cannot set the flaps before you have started Engine number 2 because it creates the Power for this).
12.Set your Prop Pitch to 12 o´clock.
13. Now you are rdy to roll to the Runway, taxi by carefully using the breaks and the Rudder cntrls while slightly giving some throttle.
14. Take Off, give full throttle, compensate with the Rudder, pull the machine up before reaching 200 km/h and raise the landing gear when you have reached about 150 meters of altitude.
15. Destroy the Enemy.
IL2 Cliffs of Dover - Tutorial - Fighter Tactics & TeamworkBrief tutorial by 5.JG26_Royraiden showing the importance of flying with a wingman during online combat missions. Not only does it make it easier to get air victories, flying effectively as a team is the key to survival. If you enjoyed the video or just want to see more videos like this be sure to like and/or comment.
Video footage was captured from a single online session flying the 109-E4 on the ATAG server and edited using Adobe Premiere CS4.
If you already fly this sim and would like to be part of a squadron and fly historical missions with 90+ pilots at once check:
For RoyRaidens channel visit
BLW's on duel IL-2 CoD T.F 4.0=BLW=Pablo and =BLW=Vovo
IL2-COD TF3Caught low and slow over the channel, the end.
IL2 CoD Start und Landung mit Ju88.wmvStart und Landung mit der Ju88 bei vollem Motormanagement.
IL2 Cliffs of Dover Motor starten mit komplexem Motormanagement
IL2 COD TF4.3New patch, much harder to outrun Spitfire 1a
IL-2 : COD / Taking Off and Landing - BF 109 E4Joystick used: Saitek X52
IL 2 CoD TeamFusion 4 0 Test perf full settingsIL-2 Cliffs of Dover TF 4.0 performance test (Bf-109 E-3) over England. (4770K@4.3 OC & ATI 7970 3Gb)
il2- Cliffs Of Dover JU88 StartupMy start up procedure for the ju 88
You will need to bind a key to open the oil radiators, i was unable to find any leavers for it so resorted to opening with a key.
Any other tips or parts you feel i missed out feel free to comment
Filmed with fraps
Cliffs of Dover Bf109 Tutorial - How to win against multiple Spitfires , Energy FightingMultiple online Victorys included, all footage is from the online ATAG Server
If you use this strategy you will be very succesful and you wont get in trouble very often, even against multiple enemys at once.