Max CNC Tutorial 3D LandscapeIn this tutorial Max covers how to turn a freely available digital elevation map into a 3D model and how to prepare the model for CNC milling.
The Programs you will need for this Demo are:
1. QGIS (free)
- download link: http://www.qgis.org/en/site/forusers/download.html
- (We use this open source Geographic Information System to convert the downloaded data from NationalMap.gov into a GeoTiff)
2. 3DEM (free)
- download link: http://freegeographytools.com/2009/3dem-website-is-gone-but-3dem-still-available-here
- (We use this terrain visualization program to convert the GeoTiff into a .DEM)
3. Accutrans3D (free for 30 days)
- download link: http://www.micromouse.ca/downloads.html
- (We use this program will convert the .DEM file into a detailed 3D Mesh Model)
- Note: This is a fully working download, but after 30 days you are expected to buy a $20 license.
4. Vectric Aspire or similar 3D CAM software
- (Having created the 3D Model, We will use Aspire to toolpath it for 3-axis CNC machining)
Easy and Free Sites for Digital Elevation Maps:
- NationalMap: http://viewer.nationalmap.gov/basic/
- EarthExplorer: http://earthexplorer.usgs.gov/
If you have questions you can leave a comment or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Make a Sushi Platter - CNC ProjectHow to Make a Sushi Platter - CNC Project. Request more info at http://bit.ly/2aivtbh
How to Fold a Bandsaw Blade - Woodworking - Laguna ToolsLaguna Tools customer service representative Jeff shows two different versions of how to fold a bandsaw blade.